About Us » Pets Welcome
Yes we're pet friendly! However, to ensure the harmony and consideration of all guests we ask that our Park Pet Rules here at BIG4 Great Lakes Holiday Park be respected.
As the dog owner you accept full responsibility for any personal injury or damage caused by your dog whilst in our park and reserve areas. Dogs welcome at managers discretion.
Dogs on sites:
- Your dog must be supervised at all times and never left unattended including inside your tent or van. Take your dog with you whenever you go out.
- Dogs should be kept on a short enough lead that they are not able to reach the road or passersby.
- Please do not allow your dog to bark, make noise or urinate on other guests sites or property.
- During the December – January summer holidays, there is a restriction of 1 dog per site.
Dogs in cabins:
- Dogs are only permitted inside designated pet-friendly cabins.
- Should you wish to book a pet-friendly cabin, these MUST be booked direct with the park on 02 6554 6827. If you make a booking online we will contact you to confirm availability
- A charge of $20 per night applies to all pet friendly cabins when you bring your furry companions along
Dogs in the park:
- Keep your dog on a leash at all times whilst not inside your van or tent. The leash must be no more than 2 meters long. They can only be off their leash if you have a secure enclosed area for your dog within your caravan, annexe or site. No dog runs are allowed. Please note this rule will be strictly enforced.
- Do not allow your dog to bark, make noise or urinate on other guests sites or property.
- Dog owners are 100% responsible for picking up and disposing of their dogs waste in a sealed doggy do bag and dispose of it in the rubbish bins.
- Dogs must not be walked throughout the park except when directly exiting the park or on the foreshore area. We have a list of the local leash free dog walking areas and beaches. You will find this in your cabin compendium or it is available from the office.
- Dogs visiting our Park should have current vaccination and be free from fleas.
For health and safety reasons:
- Dogs are not permitted to enter our park laundry, amenities building, pool and playground areas. They are also not permitted inside the camp kitchen building.
- Dogs must not be washed or cleaned anywhere other than our designated dog was area. Additionally, any dog related accessories such as dog blankets, etc should not be washed or cleaned in our washing machines or dryers.
We hope you and your dog enjoy your stay at Great Lakes Holiday Park and thank you for your co-operation.
If you want to know where you can walk your dog around the Forster Tuncurry Great Lakes area please see here.